The Leading Student Achievement project is dedicated to:
- Improving student achievement in literacy and numeracy at the elementary and secondary levels
- Building and sustaining the instructional leadership capacity of school leaders to support effective classroom practices in literacy and numeracy
- Engaging in tri-level capacity building in schools, districts and the province
- Supporting principals in principal learning teams as they build professional learning communities in their schools
- Providing professional learning based on the "research-led practice and practice into research" mode
"Research shows that school leadership, especially by the principal, is the second most important factor (next to the teacher) when it comes to impact on student learning."
Reach Every Student: Energizing Ontario Education
This research project is made possible by a grant from The Literacy and Numeracy Secretariat.